The challenge for this week’s PR&P is the men’s shirt refashion. I started by disassembling my dress shirt. I took the shirt apart taking the pocket off the front and removing the band for the back of the shirt. This allowed the back pleat to open and give me more fabric.
I used the Brooklyn Frock pattern from Peek-a-Boo patterns for my inspiration to build the new neck. I cut the back of the new top from the back of the shirt. I decided to use the shirts own placket/button opening to create the pattern’s placket. Cutting the front of the new top from the front of the shirt I off set the placket from center. I had a star print in my stash that I cut the neck rufﬂe and sleeves from.