An envelope bottom bag creates a clean finished look and a nice square bottom. This is the technique we used on our Market Place Bag.
Envelope Bottom Tutorial
1. Start with two rectangles
2. Sew the bottom of the rectangles right side together.
3. Fold your rectangles right side together. Pull the bottom seam 2″ up.
4. Bring down your second side so your top edges meet. Now you have a four layer sandwich.
5. Sew up both side seams. Now everything is contained in the seam.
6. Flip you bag right side out.