(This post contains affiliate links)
Tiny undies is my favorite knit scrap buster. They’re quick easy and my kids love them. There are a number of different patterns out there but for girls I really like Peek a Boo pattern’s classic panties. The pattern comes package with a little tank too.
To celebrate upcoming Valentine’s I thought it would be fun to add a few hearts to this round. It’s a quick add on that got a big thumbs up.
Want to dress up your own pair of underwear- or any other basic item?
Here’s how to add an applique to dress up your basic item!
- I’m using light weight Heat & Bond. You can find it here.
- Cut a square of Heat and Bond, iron it adhesive side down to the wrong side of your fabric.
- Draw the design you’re going to place (remember this is the wrong side if you need to reverse something)
- Cut out your applique.
5. Peel the backing of your applique.
6. Place it glossy side down where you want the applique and press.
7. Stitch around your applique to ensure it doesn’t peel off.
I like to add my applique before I sew the item. When you do this just remember to take in to account seam allowances when placing your design.
What are you going to applique first?
Pattern: Classic panties and camisole
Join the sewing circle. Get the Newsletter.
Want to be part of the sewing, tutorials, and never miss the freebies and sales?